On-boarding process is as follows (PLEASE NOTE, THE DOSEUM DOES NOT ACCEPT COURT MANDATED COMMUNITY SERVICE)
One-Time/Episodic* Service Volunteers can sign up for the following:
- Free Family Night: First Tuesday of every month
- Workshop/Materials Prep
- Special Events (as needed)
*Episodic Volunteers are volunteers who would volunteer 2-3 times in a year period
Please sign up at least one week in advance in order to receive paperwork and approve. Be sure to check your email for these forms.
To become a General Volunteer at The DoSeum, please:
Select the MEMBER button.
- Complete and submit your application online (PLEASE NOTE, IF YOU ARE A PARENT SUBMITTING FOR YOUR CHILD, CREATE THE ACCOUNT UNDER THEIR NAME AND EMAIL)
- Complete required forms (these will be emailed after submission of application)
- Authorization Background Check Form (18+)
- Criminal History Minor Waiver Form (11- 17)
- Confidentiality Agreement Form (All volunteers)
- Volunteer Agreement Form (application)
- Complete an interview with the Volunteer Services Coordinator
- Attend required New Volunteer Orientation
*Steps 1-3 must be completed prior to acceptance into volunteer program and attending Orientation
*New Volunteer Orientations are held on the third Saturday of each month*If you are the point of contact for a group/organization, please contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator directly for more information and group onboarding requirements. Please don’t fill out an application.
Questions? Feel free to contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator.
Hours of Operation:
Begin August 13th
Monday -Friday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Member Only Hour 11:00 a.m- 12:00 p.m.)
The DoSeum will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
The DoSeum, formerly known as the San Antonio Children’s Museum, opened on June 6, 2015 and became a place where children are inspired to use their inner creativity and curiosity to learn through play. We are a museum where kids, birth to 10 are encouraged to discover, learn, explore, and create.
If so, then play it forward at The DoSeum!BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
|Social||Website Facebook Twitter Instagram|
|Causes||Arts & Culture Children & Youth Community Early Childhood Education Education STEM|
1,239 People | 4,033 Impacts | 35,967 Hours